Kali Linux 2 – Assuring Security by Penetration Testing - Third Edition
by Gerard Johansen
Achieve the gold standard in penetration testing with Kali using this masterpiece, now in its third edition!
About This Book
- Get a rock-solid insight into penetration testing techniques and test your corporate network against threats like never before
- Formulate your pentesting strategies by relying on the most up-to-date and feature-rich Kali version in town—Kali Linux 2 (aka Sana).
- Experience this journey with new cutting-edge wireless penetration tools and a variety of new features to make your pentesting experience smoother
Who This Book Is ForIf you are an IT security professional or a student with basic knowledge of Unix/Linux operating systems, including an awareness of information security factors, and you want to use Kali Linux for penetration testing, this book is for you.
What You Will Learn
- Find out to download and install your own copy of Kali Linux
- Properly scope and conduct the initial stages of a penetration test
- Conduct reconnaissance and enumeration of target networks
- Exploit and gain a foothold on a target system or network
- Obtain and crack passwords
- Use the Kali Linux NetHunter install to conduct wireless penetration testing
- Create proper penetration testing reports