Learn Kali Linux 2018
by Glen D. Singh
- October 9, 2019
- Nonfiction, Computers, Networking & Communications, Computer Security, Operating Systems, Application Software
Leverage Kali Linux to learn the latest ethical hacking tools and techniques
About This Book
- Learn to use Linux commands like ethical hackers to gain control of your environment.
- Get to grips with security concepts like social engineering, wireless network exploitation, web application attacks and more.
- A practical guide to getting you up and running with Kali Linux from scratch.
Who This Book Is For
If you are an IT security professional or a security consultant who wants to get started with penetration testing using Kali Linux 2018.2, or are just inquisitive about security breaches and ethical hacking then, this book is for you. No prior knowledge to Kali Linux is necessary. You can do wonders with some understanding of cybersecurity.
What You Will Learn
- Learn about Basics of Ethical Hacking
- Install-Kali Linux a Penetration Testing Operating System
- Perform Wireless Network Penetration Testing
- Understand Web Application Penetration Testing
- Determine Social Engineering Penetration Testing
- Crack WEP/WPA/WPA2 encryptions using various methods
With the current buzz of hacking and security breaches displays how important it has become to pentest your environment, ensuring end point protection. This book will take you through the most latest version of Kali Linux and will help you leverage various tools and techniques to efficiently deal with crucial security aspects. With the help of real-world scenarios this practical guide will take you from setting up a lab to moving into core penetration testing concepts, covering various important security assessment tools bundled in Kali Linux. Through the course of this book you will learn from gathering sensitive information to vulnerability assessments tools and more. You will also get to grips with concepts such as social engineering, attacking wireless networks, exploitation of web applications and remote access connections. Later, you will focus on bypassing the controls, attacking the end user and maintaining persistence access through social media. Lastly, you will also learn some best practices of performing complex penetration testing techniques on highly secured environment. By the end of this book. you will be well-versed with finding vulnerabilities and keeping your system intact leveraging simple to complex penetration testing techniques.